Long overdue, Stephen A. Smith joins the show to talk about his departure from the Philadelphia Inquirer, the rumor of LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh going to Miami (and the notion of revisionist journalism) and a lot, LOT more. What else? (Look for a partial transcription at TSB later today).
• We talk about that ONE TIME when he filed a story from his Blackberry.
• We talk about Allen Iverson’s retirement and how he broke the news then wrote a column saying he didn’t believe the news to be true.
• We talk about celebrity and debate whether or not he’s star (hint: I think yes, he thinks no).
• We talk about the quality of his work at the Inquirer and his original termination and subsequent reinstatement.
• We talk about his settlement, and how ostensibly he was only working back at the paper the last six months until that settlement could be reached. That’s why both sides are happy…because neither really wanted him to be there.
• We talk about the rumor that the Inqy was able to get out of his deal because of his appearance on the View.
• We talk about being a political pundit — as he puts it, not an expert, just an American with an opinion.
• We talk about the news that he’s in talks with Showtime for a new TV show and an upcoming book he’s working on.
This show is entirely fascinating. Leave your thoughts in the comments.
(Image via StephenA.com)